Monday, June 27, 2011

A little bit about me...

I'm going to write this because, well, I can!

Okay, so here's a few tidbits about me and if you have questions or want to know how to block this from your memory, just ask away!

I'm a single mother of an awesome college student. She's awesome because she's just like her mother. Well, in many ways, at least.

I'm a complete goof. I make faces at myself in the mirror. Remember when your mother always said that your face would stay that way? I'm still trying to prove that theory. I am a night owl. I don't have trouble sleeping. Quite the opposite. I am a sleepaholic. It's one of my favorite hobbies.

I am a professional photographer of animals and buildings. Yes, buildings. People like buildings. They're pretty. Well they are when I get through with them anyway! Kidding. Not really. I also build websites so, as you can, I am a total nerd. The kind of nerd that is totally cool. I volunteer my time a lot with rescue groups in the Houston area. I know what you're thinking, and the answer is yes, I am a saint. The Vatican just hasn't recognized me yet since, well, I'm not dead yet. Kind of a bummer when you think about it.

I'm a complete psycho when it comes to details and organization. I even trained my dogs to put their things away in the "appropriate" bucket. See, I'm the kind of person that has this strange gene that tells me that every dog must be saved. That's probably why I have five right now. Though, two are technically my daughter's dogs... They sleep with me. So they are mine I tell you! MINE!

Sorry, I go off on tangents. It's a quirk. And a good one at that.

I love to write, as this plainly shows. I also like reading, long walks on the beach, candlelit dinner by moonlight. Oh wait, this isn't the personal ad. A candlelit dinner on the beach is like an invitation for bugs to come feast on you. Who is the dinner for anyway?!

When I clean up, the music is blaring and I seem to do more singing and dancing around with my dogs than cleaning up. I won't lie, I have toys everywhere. Dog toys. I seem to keep bringing dogs into the house, so toys are a must. And rawhides. And dog beds. Well, you get the idea.

I am a sincere movie buff. I like forensics, too. And all the shows that involve forensics. Especially NCIS. I would love to have the entire collection, but I spend most of my money on my dogs. Well, and new camera stuff. What I wouldn't give for a new camera dlsr body and some seriously awesome lenses.

You will see more of who I am with each post. I have very few, okay, I lied... A ton of quirks. Maybe that's why I can relate to these dogs? Who knows. My daughter thinks I'm a nutcase as do her friends. But that's another story...

No comments:

Post a Comment